Doom is an American science fiction / action film from 2005 based on the computer game Doom.
The films background is that archeologists found a portal to Mars used to build a research base on the planet. Doom takes place on the research base where a group of commandos are fighting against zombie-like creatures that have been infected by the subject C24 (chromosome 24) after an experiment went crazy. They must prevent monsters from getting to the soil through the portal, a basic plot as complicated as it gets during the assignment because of disagreement within the group about how to interpret orders and achieve their goals. The simple act of making the film is based more on the characters and the atmosphere built up through music and environments. The occult elements of the game (in which the antagonists are demons) has been toned down considerably.
- Rated : Suitable for 15 years and over
- Language : English
- Package Dimensions : 19.3 x 13.72 x 1.78 cm; 20 Grams
- Director : Andrzej Bartkowiak
- Media Format : PAL, Colour, Surround Sound, Subtitled, Dolby
- Run time : 1 hour and 48 minutes
- Actors : Karl Urban, Rosamund Pike, Razaaq Adoti, The Rock
- Subtitles: : Swedish
- Language : Unqualified (Dolby Surround)
- Studio : Universal Pictures