Twenty-five years after rising to international acclaim in Jean de Florette and Manon of the Spring, Daniel Auteuil returns to the world of Marcel Pagnol for his first work as director with this celebrated remake of the 1940's classic. Auteuil stars as the eponymous well-digger Pascal, a widower living with his six daughters in the Provence countryside at the start of World War I. His eldest, Patricia (the luminous Astrid Berges-Frisbey), has returned home from Paris to help raise her sisters, and Pascal dreams of marrying her off to his loyal assistant Felipe (Kad Merad). But when she's impregnated by a wealthy young pilot (Nicolas Duvauchelle) who promptly abandons her for the frontlines, Pascal is left to contend with the consequences. An exquisitely crafted, sun-drenched melodrama, set to a score by Academy Award-nominee Alexandre Desplat (The King's Speech), The Well Digger's Daughter captures all the warmth and humanist spirit of Pagnol's original work. In French with English subtitles.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medNotRated Unrated (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 2.4 Ounces
- Item model number : KV969DVD
- Director : Daniel Auteuil
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Color, Dolby, NTSC, Subtitled, Surround Sound, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Release date : December 24, 2012
- Actors : Daniel Auteuil, Kad Merad, Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Sabine Azema, Jean-Pierre Darroussin
- Subtitles: : English
- Studio : Kino Lorber
- Number of discs : 1
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.