Falling pregnant as a teenager in Ireland in 1952, Philomena (Judi Dench) was sent to the convent of Roscrea to be looked after as a "fallen woman". When her baby was only a toddler, he was taken away by the nuns for adoption in America. Philomena spent the next fifty years searching for him but with no success. Then she met Martin Sixsmith (Steve Coogan), a world-weary political journalist who happened to be intrigued by her story. Together they set off to America on a journey that would not only reveal the extraordinary story of Philomena's son, but also create an unexpectedly close bond between Philomena and Martin. The film is a compelling narrative of human love and loss that ultimately celebrates life, showing that there is laughter even in the darkest places.
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9 - 1.85:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 13.5 x 1.5 x 19 cm; 20 Grams
- Manufacturer reference : MSE1235669
- Director : Stephen Frears
- Media Format : PAL
- Run time : 1 hour and 37 minutes
- Release date : 24 Mar. 2014
- Actors : Judi Dench, Steve Coogan, Sophie Kennedy Clark, Simone Lahbib, Charlie Murphy
- Subtitles: : English
- Studio : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
- Number of discs : 1
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.