Clint Eastwood's early-21st-century output has endeared him to Academy Awards voters, and he makes another bid for their attention with this tale of the flag-raising at Iwo Jima. Eastwood cuts back and forth between the battle that led to the flag being firmly planted in enemy soil, and the tour undertaken by three of the flag-planting Marines (played by Ryan Phillippe, Jesse Bradford, and Adam Beach) in the aftermath of World War II. The re-creation of Iwo Jima features impressive APOCALYPSE NOW-style battle scenes, the air full of thick plumes of smoke, zinging bullets, and pounding explosions. But the most interesting part of the movie comes as the three men are paraded in front of the American public, as they vacillate between embarrassment and anger at the public relations campaign they find themselves embroiled in, while also pleading with the public to help provide funds for the soldiers who are still at war.
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 13.5 x 1.4 x 19 cm; 82 Grams
- Director : Clint Eastwood
- Run time : 2 hours and 6 minutes
- Release date : 24 Dec. 2007
- Actors : Ryan Phillippe, Jesse Bradford, Adam Beach, John Benjamin Hickey, Ryan Phillippe
- Subtitles: : Italian, English
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Studio : Warner Bros.
- Number of discs : 1
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.