A look at the professional and personal lives of the staff at New York's Knickerbocker Hospital during the early part of the twentieth century.
All ten episodes from the first season of the medical drama directed by Steven Soderbergh and set in the early 20th century at the Knickerbocker Hospital in New York. Clive Owen stars as chief surgeon Dr. John 'Thack' Thackery, who, along with his staff, works hard to save patients using innovative methods regardless of the limitations of the time. Despite his brilliance Thackery is addicted to drugs and often uses while at the hospital. Meanwhile, his new colleague, assistant chief surgeon Dr. Algernon Edwards (André Holland), struggles to earn the respect of those around him due to his race. The episodes are: 'Method and Madness', 'Mr. Paris Shoes', 'The Busy Flea', 'Where's the Dignity?', 'They Capture the Heat', 'Start Calling Me Dad', 'Get the Rope', 'Working Late a Lot', 'The Golden Lotus' and 'Crutchfield'.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Rated : Suitable for 15 years and over
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 1.8 x 19.2 x 13.6 cm; 83.16 Grams
- Item model number : 2724314399435
- Media Format : PAL, Subtitled
- Run time : 8 hours and 8 minutes
- Release date : 17 Aug. 2015
- Actors : Clive Owen
- Subtitles: : English
- Studio : Warner Home Video